Friday 31 October 2014

Post 13: A Chance of Snow

Well, it is Friday!  And it is Halloween.  I have a bowl of candy waiting by the door and am preparing to hand it out.  Might not be my favourite holiday (okay, I don't really like it), but I am still looking forward to getting to give out candy at my own house :)

It is also supposed to snow tonight.  We will see if anything comes of that but it would be a little exciting to see some white.  It might even lead to making some Christmas cards this weekend.

Today I supplied in a shop class.

Yup.

The woman who may or may not have snipped her finger while trimming floor stems was in a room full of power tools.

That being said, I didn't have to operate any of them.  Instead I got to watch an episode of Holmes Makes it Right.  Which, let me tell you, is a pretty awesome way to spend a period of class!  I also got to teach an English class I absolutely love (the kids in it are the greatest), and an information technology class that students I have taught before kept trying to get into.

At lunch time I ran into a teacher who asked my name.  Turns out I subbed for her a few weeks ago (taught French and Family Studies).  She said when she got back her students raved to her about how good I was and how much they liked me.  So she went and talked to the vice-principal about that.

Getting that kind of feedback is always incredible to hear.  It is hard being a supply teacher sometimes because you don't always get to hear if you are doing a good job.  Having her say that to me just completely made my day.

I feel as if I should have something deep to share but to be honest today I don't.  It has been a week of teaching (everything from shop to Senior Kindergarten), tutoring, and getting all my paperwork figured out so that I can finally get my name changed on some ID and get my car transferred over to Ontario (yes, I know I'm a little late on that one).  So now that I'm home I have changed into some comfy clothes (including Christmas socks that I get teased about), huddled on the afghan my sister-in-law made us for our wedding while Mortimer (our cat) sits on my legs, while just writing a quick update.

The sky is darkening and the tree outside our living room window is a bright yellow that keeps drawing my attention towards it.


So I'm going to allow the gloomy, mysterious feeling of the weather and time of day to lull me into a place of restfulness.  I will put out the novel I'm currently reading (A Time to Kill by John Grisham), snuggle a little deeper under this blanket with my cat, and disappear into the world of fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment